Airstream International Group is a small and successful Surrey based company specialising in arranging the sale and lease of commercial aircraft. The company has been successfully trading since 1989.
Airstream are looking to recruit a business development professional who is keen to help them reach new audiences and expand on their existing customer base.
The successful candidate will be expected to adapt quickly to this challenging environment, acquiring the necessary skills and industry knowledge through direct involvement in complex high value international transactions and on the job training, if necessary.
He/she will be required to undertake a number of tasks and functions focused on promoting the company in its chosen markets and working with the MD and team to source, manage and close aircraft sale and lease transactions. The role will ultimately involve direct responsibility in transaction management and closing.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing relationships with key decision makers in airlines, lessors and other relevant organisations;
- Implementing a formalised process of contacting potential customers on a regular basis using the Company’s bespoke database;
- Generating sales leads with aircraft owners which lead to the company securing mandates to sell or lease aircraft;
- Working with the MD and team on sales campaigns for specific aircraft, to include contacting prospective purchasers/lessees by telephone and/or using the company’s bespoke mail shot system, preparing specifications and presentation material and providing general project support as required;
- Regularly updating the Company’s database to ensure that information is up to date, e mail distribution lists are regularly updated and requirements and disposals are properly noted;
- Following up new contacts and leads as required, to include preparing and assisting with the submission of proposals or mailing of promotional material;
- Promoting the company in its chosen markets to increase awareness of its activities and achievements;
- Attending conferences and industry events as required.
Ideal candidate profile:
- The successful applicant will be self-motivated and enthusiastic and capable of working in a small team in a results orientated sales environment with limited supervision.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral are essential, as is an ability to present well and develop business relationships at senior level.
- A willingness to travel internationally, often at short notice, is a pre-requisite of the job.
- Ideally you will have 3 years+ experience of working in a commercial/sales environment where you will have been able to demonstrate your sales, communication and organisational skills. In this role, you will have been successful at generating leads and managing customer relationships throughout the sales process.
- A knowledge of or interest in aviation and the aircraft/airline industry would be particularly beneficial, but not essential.
- The ability to communicate in a foreign language or a relevant university degree would also be useful, but not essential.
- Permanent, full-time role based in Surrey
- Private Healthcare
- Generous pension contribution
- 25 days holiday to start + Christmas
- Free onsite parking
- Airstream will offer the successful applicant an attractive salary and performance orientated bonus commensurate with experience and ability.
If you are interested in applying for this position, already hold the right to live and work in the UK, and you meet the above requirements, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
NO AGENCIES / COLD CALLERS PLEASE